Friday, December 14, 2007

Congratulations! You're a Robot!

Recently, my Father sent a note to the Cinnabon corporation. If you read the note and understand that it is tongue-in-cheek, congratulations! You can safely assume that you are NOT a Robot. Sadly, the same cannot be said for the Cinnabon customer service 'bot machine.

My Dad's missive, sent to the general Customer Service email, on their web site is below:
The only saving grace of being drug shopping was knowing that I could sneak away for a pecan-laden cinnabon. If I am going to line my coronary arteries, it must be worth it. I was very disappointed that you no longer make a true pecan roll, but instead sprinkle crispy, candied nut fragments (and squirt more frosting) over the top of the standard bun. That is NOT the same as fresh pecans, baked with the roll. You have probably managed to break my secret addiction by this change. I suppose my heart and waist should thank you, but my salivary glands and tongue may never forgive you.

He got this in response:

Dear Dr. Faiola:

Thank you for contacting the Cinnabon Guest Response Line. We appreciate our guests taking the time to inform us about their experiences.

We genuinely apologize for the disappointment your visit caused and appreciate your taking the time to write us. Your feedback helps us improve in our mission to deliver the ultimate Cinnabon guest experience.

If you have any other concerns or comments, please do not hesitate to share them with us or with the management at your local Cinnabon Bakery. Additionally, we will forward your comments to our Management Team for their review and consideration. We are committed to earning your loyalty.

Thank you, Dr. Faiola, for sharing your comments. We apologize again and look forward to serving you in the future.


Sincerely,

Jan
Cinnabon Guest Response Line


P.S. Please retain your Thread ID in the message body. This will help us locate your information should you need us again.


I do happen to have one teensy suggestion. Maybe, if they genuinely want to "
deliver the ultimate Cinnabon guest experience," they should consider investing in real people to answer emails.